I just read some great advice from Hugh W Roberts blog, hughsviewsandnews.com. Its something that I’d never thought of – backing up your blog content – especially if you have a lot of posts, images, comments etc. Who wants to lose that?
So here are some easy steps that will prevent that and ensure you have a back up in place.
Backing up your blog content:
1. Go to the WP Admin (your dashboard)
2. Click ‘Tools’ and a side window will open
3. Click ‘Export’ – ‘Choose what to export’ -click ‘All content’
4. Click ‘Download export file’
5. All content will be downloaded – you will receive a message from WordPress, saying that they will email you a link to the file
6. Go to your email box – look for the email
7. Click on the link in the email and the backup will be downloaded to the hard drive on your computer
8. I recommend you also back this up with a memory stick in case your hard drive fails – then you know its secure!
Hope this helps!😊📚