Printed books v s E books – I know what I prefer.
According to The Huffington Post, (taken from The National Book Review, Oct, 2016) ebook sales are declining, while the printed book sales are steady.
In response to this, here’s 5 valid reasons why we should keep encouraging printed books and keeping this industry alive amongst so much technology.📚
1. Pages! Comforting, soft to touch, smelling lovely and new (or gorgeously old). To compare, ebooks are like reading an ATM machine.
2. You get to keep them! Printed books can add/enhance any collection, and look so cool on a book shelf (especially with an awesome book cover).
3. You can share them. How much bettet to make new friends than through exchanging books? They bring communities together, and can keep friendships thriving. Also, how much more social is a Book Club?
4. Printed books are a physical reminder of good times. How awesome is it to find a favorite book from your childhood amd delve back into those memories – just like a well liked song.
5. Lastly, and from a writer’s point of view, print book publishers are fairer to writers than the ebook version of their work. Publishers give less % royalties to ebooks which makes it that much harder to earn a living
Image: My favorite book store on the Gold Coast, BookFace.