CreateSpace vs. Ingram Sparks: Choosing The Best Printer Service For Your Books – http://wp.me/p4h3m4-1NQ
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new”
–Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
For my last Tuesday quote slot, I deliberately searched for a quote by the famous mathematician/scientist Albert Einstein. An interesting choice on my part, seeing as math totally threw me at school, likewise science. My daughter, on the other hand, is a math/science whizz, but there is a Mathematics professor on my hubby’s side of the family – that definitely explains it !
But I digress.
This great man changed the way we think about the world around us; space, time and gravity, in his Theory of Relativity. And he wrote some awesome quotes!
I believe that the one I chose resonates with all; mathematicians. scientists, writers, musicians, – anyone who has had to struggle to achieve their desires. The ups and downs of life, where the downs make the ups so much sweeter.
Its all about the journey and not the destination.
Did you know?
- he was born in Ulm, Germany to Jewish parents but after a visit to the US in 1933, and with Adolf Hitler’s rising power, he never returned to Germany
- he developed the Theory of Relativity, which is one of the two pillars of Modern Physics
- he is best known for his mass-energy equivalence formula: E = mc2, also regarded as “the world’s most famous quote”
- he received the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921
- he was famous for his pacifist views, and his staunch support of the civil rights movement
- an average person has an IQ of between 90 and 110; more than 130 is regarded as ‘gifted;’ Einstein’s IQ was 160
- the word ‘Einstein’ is synonymous with ‘genius’