“You can’t hold onto something that doesn’t want to stay”
This week’s quote comes from the fabulous Adele. One of my favourite female singers, she epitomises glamour, lyrical talent and unique vocal range, whilst keeping a very down to earth attitude to the music industry.
Did you know?
- she was born Adele Laurie Blue Adkins in 1988, to an English mother and a Welsh father
- she numbers her most influential singers from a young age as being the Spice Girls, Annie Lennox, Dusty Springfield and Gabrielle
- her album 21 brought her 6 Grammys, and a certified Diamond in the US
- 21 is the longest running No 1 album by a female solo artist in the history of the US and UK charts
- she won an Academy Award for the James Bond themed song, ‘Skyfall’
- her voice is a contralto; contralto being a classical female voice, and is a fairly rare vocal range
- her hit single ‘Hello’ released in October 2015, was viewed a record 27.7 million times on Youtube, easily beating the previous record set by Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’ (20 million views)