I am pleased to quote this great actress who starred in one of the most iconic films of all time (and I don’t think I’m exaggerating here), The Wizard of Oz.
Who among us has not seen and enjoyed that film? From the red shoes of Dorothy, the little dog Toto, the Tin Man and the Wicked Witch, and who could forget the Munchkins; all memorable characters, and a classic story.
So, one of Judy Garland’s quote is thus:
“Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of someone else”
Did you know?
- She was born Frances Ethel Gumm
- She was just 4 ft 11 ” tall
- She was married five times, notably to Vincente Minnelli
- She was frequently ill, suffering from nervous breakdowns
- Her singing voice faltered in her later years
- She had three children the most famous being the Hollywood star Liza Minnelli
- She was the third choice to play the part of Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, Shirley Temple being the original choice
- She died in London, at the age of 47 years from a drugs overdose