Day 12 Twelve Things You Are Grateful For
June 12, 1942. Anne Frank received a diary for her birthday.
June 12, 2014. The last time I allowed the 12th to be a day of monthly mourning and depression for me. The next month, when the 12th rolled around, I chose to be grateful for the things and people I have rather than being depressed because of what I had lost.
12 Things I am grateful for:
- My family. We moved to the other side of the world exactly 10 years ago last weekend; me, my hubby and my two children. The move has made us stronger as a family unit and I’m forever grateful to have them.
- My dog. My little terrier Billy is a rascal, but he is also my writing companion and my support.
- My computer. Has enabled me to find my creativity.
- My creativity. This may sound quite narcissistic, but I love the fact that I can write. I love to create characters, places and settings and am grateful for that.
- My love of books. I have read since I was young, and feel privileged every time I find a new author or a gem of a book.I’m currently reading a Tracy Chevalier book, and am engrossed by it.
- Baking. I love to bake with my daughter. We set out most weekends to look through recipes and spend that precious family time together.
- The internet. I would be lost without my friend Google, as he is used so much in research. What was life like before the internet? I shudder to think.
- My car. Allows me to travel around the beautiful Gold Coast, and search for inspiration.
- Dining out. I love to discover new restaurants. As a family we eat out quite a bit; food helps us to connect and bond.
- The area I live in. Also, the world and all the gorgeous places in it. We should all be grateful to live on this glorious planet.
- My parents. For giving me life and good advice.
- Waking up each morning in a warm bed, content and looking forward to a new day. *