June 1 – 30 challenge
Day 5: Five Favorite Foods
June 5, 1941. Robert Kraft, founder of Kraft Foods, was born.
Tell us about your five favorite foods or five favorite restaurants. You can also share five favorite recipes.
Alternative: Write about your least favorite foods or dining experiences!
- Sunday roast. I grew up in Wales, and a roast dinner on a Sunday was an essential part of life, followed by a Sunday afternoon film, and a snooze.Then, my mother would make –
- Victoria Sponge cake. My mother did not spend hours in the kitchen baking, but Sundays she loved cooking. One of her best bakes was a sponge, or a Jam Roly poly cake or Banana cake…all remind me of Sundays and food.
- Sushi. I had never heard of sushi until we moved to Australia ten years ago. Living on the eastern part of this huge country, it is very much Asian influenced, with a sushi train in most shopping centres, whether large or small. I love tuna and avocado, chicken and the Californian roll the best, smothered in Japanese mayo.
- Chocolate. Not technically a food, I suppose, but it has to have a mention. I would eat chocolate every day if I could (and boy do I try). I love Dairy Milk, Lindt chocolate and Maltesers, although would consider ANY chocolate.
- Indian curries. We had a fabulous curry house around the corner when I lived in Wales, which we visited at least twice a month when my children were small. So, they have also come to love curry. My favorite dish has to be Chicken Tikka Marsala. A new curry house has opened near us, making life in Oz complete. 🙂